What to do on Sunday if you cannot attend Mass for whatever reason:
1. Obtain a Sunday Missal written prior to Vatican II, which
has the Latin text alongside the English. I use My Sunday
Missal by Fr. Stedman.
2. Before praying the Mass using the Missal, pray this short
prayer, to unite your intentions with those of the Blessed
Virgin Mary at the sacrifice of her Son at Calvary. The Mass is
a sacrifice, not a social event. See this link for the prayer.
3. Pray the Mass, it is the most powerful prayer you can
pray. Prayerfully read the text of the Missal, with the
specific readings and prayers for that Sunday, known as the
Proper of the Mass.
4. Very important, at the time of receiving Communion in the
Mass, make your Spiritual Communion. And if you happen to be a
Divine Will devotee, ask Jesus to enter your heart with His Real
Life, as taught in the revelations to Luisa Piccarreta. The
Real Life of Jesus in your heart is the same as His life in the
5. Additional note: I make the intention that the priest
offering this Mass is St. Padre Pio.
View my Catholic books Here.