Thursday, January 21, 2021

Vader (Father)

I have been most fortunate in receiving a compelling prayer from Belgium entitled Vader (Father).  It was composed by Flemish chemistry professor Mark Waterinckx, with whom I have communicated previously, and it is receiving world-wide circulation.

He writes:  "I  have the honour to send you the English translation of my Dutch prayer 'Vader' (I have it in 17 languages already).

It's a very strong prayer I composed when I was in deep misery on the feast day of Saint Thomas More long ago.

I have many good reactions on my prayer by 1 archbishop (Pakistan), 1 bishop (France), many priests (whole world).

If you like it, please spread it among your friends.

It helps me (and others) a lot every day.
 
The original text  by me was in Flemish (Dutch). English translation was made by a good friend professor Octaaf Boie around 80 yrs. old, now almost 100! 
 
I have translations in Arabic, Vietnamese, Dutch, Slovakian, Tschechish, Indonesian, Chinese, Portuguese, Polish, Rumanian, French, German, English, Italian, Spanish, Croatian, Danish, and awaiting others."
 
Mark Waterinckx can be reached here: markwaterinckx AT skynet.be 

Following is the English translation as it was emailed to me.

 

Father, forgive it to me:

not my will, but Thine be done.

Father, I am a sinful human being and still Thou lovest me.

I want to serve Thee and still I am weak. 

The good I long to do, I do not do, 

and the bad that I do not want to do, that I do.

And still Lord, Thou lovest me in the same way as Thou loved Peter,

who three times denied Thee. 

Father I am a haughty fool. 

I want to be a saint,

but everything I do is wrong.

I want to be an  instrument of Thy Peace

and never I succeed.

Lord, I am of good will, but I feel myself incomprehended. 

But still, Lord, thanks for everything,

for Thy Creation, for Life itself.

Lord, to Thee belongs all glory.  I thank Thee.

I cannot do without Thy Love. 

Never let anything separate me from Thee.

Destroy whatever is wrong in me. 

Lord, embrace me with Thy divine Love.

I totally trust in Thee with endless confidence. 

Do with me whatever seems good to Thee.

I thank Thee for the crosses.

I thank Thee for the favours. 

My God I believe in Thee.  I adore Thee

I hope on Thee, I love Thee. 

I ask Thy pardon for those who do not believe in Thee;

who do not adore Thee; who do not hope on Thee;

who do not love Thee.

Lord, come in to my heart.

Thou died on the Cross for my sins.

I too will give my life for Thee, Father. 

Have pity on my soul.

I want to die with Thee and to rise with Thee.

Father I love Thee; I thank Thee.

 

View my Catholic books Here.

2 comments:

  1. Frank, what a beautiful prayer! I am printing it and counting it among the prayers I pray daily. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another example of our Universal Church! Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete