What to do on Sunday if you cannot attend a true Mass. Perhaps you are one of the fortunate few that attends a parish, shrine, or Catholic organization that observes the Novus Ordo reverently. If not, consider whether or not you are in communion with the parishioners, most of whom do not believe in the real presence, or with pro-abortion Catholics, especially prominent politicians.
Determine whether or not your faith and spirituality is weakened after attending the Modernist Novus Ordo Mass [link]. If
your only alternative is an irreverent or progressive Novus Ordo, the Eucharist may be
valid, but it is also valid for the Eastern Orthodox, and they are not
Catholic. Therefore consider staying home and praying the Tridentine
Mass with a Spiritual Communion.
1. Obtain a Sunday Missal written prior to Vatican II, which
has the Latin text alongside the English. I use My Sunday
Missal by Fr. Stedman.
2. Before praying the Mass using the Missal, pray this short prayer, to unite your intentions with those of the Blessed Virgin Mary at the sacrifice of her Son at Calvary. The Mass is a sacrifice and a worship rite, not a social event. See this link for the prayer.
3. Pray the Mass, it is the most powerful prayer you can pray. Prayerfully read the text of the Missal, with the specific readings and prayers for that Sunday, known as the Proper of the Mass.
4. Very important, at the time of receiving Communion in the Mass, make your Spiritual Communion. Ask Jesus to enter your heart with His Real Life, for example as taught in the revelations to Luisa Piccarreta. The Real Life of Jesus in your heart is the same life He has in the Eucharistic Sacrament.
5. Additional note: I make the intention that the priest offering this Mass is St. Padre Pio.
View my Catholic books Here.